Monday, July 7, 2008

Last Night







So.... I have decided that I have read enough classics for the time being, but I still have more to go and since I LOVED Pride and Prejudice so much, I will have to read that one yet again. Last night, I had a very vivid dream where I lived back in the late 1800's. I was living in the same time period of most of the people I have been reading about. Of course because I didn't write it down and it's now almost midnight, I have forgotten most of the dream, but I do remember that a wealthy gentleman was taking me to Paris from England because I needed to be hidden from someone, (I can't remember who) But that this Gentleman liked me and I wasn't sure if I liked him at the time or not, but wasn't in any position to refuse his help at that time. And I remember being VERY excited that I was going to Paris! I have always loved Paris and dearly want to go to France one day while I am still young enough to enjoy it. I also remember that it was important that he was wealthy because in all my books that is a key point. I can still see the streets in my dream, they were made of I think it's called cobble stones, and the shops were all small and had one or maybe two people working in them. I sadly woke up before I made it to Paris, but I would have loved to even go there in a dream. I was thinking after i got up that if I could have a few of the comforts of today, I would go back and live in that time period where everyone was so civil to each other and everyone tried to look nice and just how simple everything was back then. I find that I get so tired of the hustle and bustle of today that it would be a welcomed relief to live back when you arrived somewhere in either a carriage or on horse back or by walking. And to have balls where you get dressed up and the dances take a half hour for just one dance.
I have finished reading Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility, am in the middle of Mansfield Park and decided to take a break from the classics to finish reading (for like the 4th time) Harry Potter and Goblet of Fire. Then I am going to start on the Twilight series again so that everything is fresh and ready to go when Breaking Dawn comes out!!

4 comments:

Embellish the Moment said...

I started Pride & Prejudice... I need to finish it, but I stopped to read the Host. I've got to get it finished so that I too can restart the Twilight series beofre Breaking Dawn.... It's getting closer. I can't wait!

I can just see us dressed up in big puffy dresses with ringlet hair-do's! I agree it would have been a fun time to live in.

BTW you need to put your music player on random. I'm ready to choke Avril!!! :)

Sashbury said...

How are you liking the Host??? I liked P&P so much that I've read it twice!!

Embellish the Moment said...

I am at about chapter 4. And I am liking it. It's very different. I love the way she takes these fairy tale creatures and makes them into a person just like you and me. But so far so good. I'll probably have to get back to P&P in September or so. All of this reading is so wierd for me... I never used to read.

Sashbury said...

I have been told by a few other people that I HAVE to read it, so I guess I'll go pick it up when I pick up my Breaking Dawn!

I love to read and do it all the time! I love to go to bed a little early and curl up with a good book and lose myself in the story!

I can totally picture us in that kind of dress and hair!! We'd be the hottest girls there.LOL