Friday, July 4, 2008

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!!!


So I would like to take this time to wish everybody a happy and safe Fourth!! I am killing time until the baby gets up from his nap so that we can go to the mother in laws for a BBQ. She bought a slip and slide for the boys and I plan to take lots of pictures. So I will upload them all tomorrow!

As I was watching the news today one of the items was that a woman driving up Provo Canyon hit a bear!! A BEAR!!! A bear walked out into the lane while she was heading up the canyon and she hit and killed the bear, but wasn't injured herself too bad. She was only in a jeep (the kind I don't know) but I'm thinking that most jeeps are not THAT big so I'm thinking it was probably a smaller bear. Then they did a story of a guy riding a bike, as in bicycle, heading down another canyon Parleys I believe, up by Park City and he hit a dear. He was doing they think about 40 mph. he was going down hill so it is very possible to go that fast, but he hit the dear so hard that he was basically thrown to the ground head first, smashing his helmet and receiving severe head wounds, and other wounds as well. He was life flighted to the hospital. They didn't know the condition of the deer. I'm sure it probably had to be put down, but hopefully not.


So I recently just started reading Mansfield Park by Jane Austen. I must say that I was confused by the very first paragraph but I continued to read on and now am at chapter 7. Though, they are all very small chapters. I am trying to kill time until I can get my hands on the fourth book in the Twilight series, Breaking Dawn. My BFF Amber invited me to go with her and her aunt to the Borders in Logan the Friday night before it's midnight release. I have never gone to sit out all night for a book before, and while I'm hoping that we wont have to sit out, but maybe wait in a long line to receive the book. The sad thing is that we both pre-ordered our books but neither one of us wants to wait for it to come in the mail. So I might just go up with Amber and get one when it first comes out. I am super excited. But have also decided to try and open my mind to some of the classics that I thought were too stuffy before. I must admit. I am completely in love with Pride and Prejudice and I feel that the characters are like very dear friends. Now I haven't even seen the movies before for any of the classics that I am now reading, so that I would be able to see if I like them. I loved the book and liked the movie, which I just saw yesterday. I wasn't as in love with Sense and Sensibility, but that maybe because I didn't understand it as much. I feel very not smart when I read these books. Its not only the old fashioned language but also because I swear that some of the words she uses, my definitions are not the same as hers, or that I thought I knew what something meant. I also don't know what some words mean at all. And I am left guessing by reading the rest of the sentence and figuring what I think it means is close enough. It's gotten so bad that I have decided to get a small notebook and write down all the words I am either unfamiliar with or that I want to make sure it means what I think it does and I've also decided that the notebook would be filled before I even got to the third chapter. Oh well, there is only one way to learn, right?!? And I am learning at least a little, right? lol.

No comments: