Saturday, July 5, 2008

Kitty Moments..

So I have these moments that I call my "Kitty Moments" They are basically when I am talking and out of the blue I jump to a completely different subject right in the middle of my last one. Then just as suddenly, I jump back. Take today for instance. Pat and I, and of course the boys, were driving through Willard on our way to Brigham for our family BBQ. I was talking to Pat about things that I heard on the news. A lady hitting a BEAR driving up Provo Canyon as we were passing the waterfall I stopped mid-sentence something like... This lady was driving up Provo Canyon and a bear 'there's no water in the waterfall anymore, how sad' anyway so a bear walked out in the lane and she hit him and killed him. Pat just laughs now, but it used to bother him because sometimes my kitty moments go for a lot longer than a sentence. But I ALMOST always get back to my original topic sooner or later. My brain is just a jumble all the time and sometimes things pass through that I know wont stick and so I have to say them before they are gone. Am I the only one who does this??? I know I'm not cause my BFF Sam does it too. And so does Pat, though I don't think that he ever did it until he'd been around me for a while. And I'm pretty sure that Sam didn't used to do it either.

Now the reason it's called a kitty moment is that one night probably close to 10 years ago now, Sam and I were going for a space cruise and I was talking and just said in mid sentence, Oh look a kitty, then finished talking about the first subject. Sam laughed but I honestly didn't notice it. It wasn't until I had done it a few times that she pointed it out and we started calling them kitty moments. I also have names for other things, like semi trucks are big kittys because if you look at the front of a semi head on it looks like a big cat. Ok so I admit it takes some imagination, but the windshield is the eyes, the ones that have two smoke stacks are the ears, the grill is the nose, and the bumper is the mouth. See a big kitty!!

The other night I was watching Tru TV, (formerly Court TV) my favorite station. They had on a series that I just love and watch all the time. "Speeders" then they had on two other funny stupidest criminals type shows that I laughed and laughed. I saw this blip that they were about to show and it showed enough that I couldn't stop laughing. I seriously almost spit out my pepsi and had I had to pee I probably would have pee'd my pants. In Canada they have like those van paddy wagons type of thing and they had handcuffed these three guys together one hand to the others hand so that they formed a line. The geniuses that they are, decided to make a break for it and they took off just to go maybe 20 yards at the most, and the last guy takes a beaner to the head into a pole like a street lamp or something. Causing the other two to get jerked back onto the first guy who fell and all around the pole like ring around the rosies. I seriously laughed so hard and am giggling right now as I write this. I know I am so not doing it justice but I swear IF I ever find it on u tube, I will so post it. I am still giggling! Although, I laugh my ass off whenever I see anyone hit their heads on walls, doors, doorways, poles, LMAO just about anything. Now, if they were really hurt I would feel bad first and then laugh. I guess i am just very easily amused. :)

1 comment:

Embellish the Moment said...

I run into things all the time. It comes from my mother, Emmy has the same problem...You know like door jams that have always been there, corners of tables. Apparently we think we can walk through them. I am glad you were drinking a Pepsi...It's one of the ways I will always remeber you:) It was good to see you too.

Aaron has sort of kitty moments...he will start telling me a story mid-sentence, like I have any idea what the hell he is talking about...but I do the kitty thing too, though a lot of times I can't find my way back to the original subject.