Monday, June 9, 2008

Yesterday

As the only approved sponsor for my sister, I had the delightful (not) pleasure (again, not) to go get her yesterday and babysit her for 8 whole hours! The whole time I'm thinking what on earth am I going to do with her for 8 hours!! Not a clue. We decided to get her hair done because it hadn't been done since my mom died 18 months ago. My dad had to pay for it so I wanted to go some place that wouldn't cost a fortune, being Sunday I was severely limited in my choices. Meaning Wal-mart salon here we come. Cheap it was not! For just a crown weave for highlights and a cut, not even a cut, it was a TRIM, it was $83.00 plus a tip. I wouldn't have complained but the highlights didn't even cover all the places they should have and she had dark patches in the back. I didn't tell her because what could she do about it, and she didn't pay for it. Had it been my hair I would have pitched a fit so that I got my $83.00 worth! Taking her out of the Rehab was a nightmare in and of it's self. I had to show ID, this I expected. I had to sign a paper saying what time I was taking her and when I was bringing her back, again this was expected. When we arrived at my house she had to call and say that she was here. When we were getting ready to leave to go get her hair done, she had to call again. When we got to Walmart she had to use their phone so that it would show up on the caller ID that she was there. When we left she again had to use their phone to say that we were leaving. When we got back to my house she had enough time to grab her laundry (that I did) call and say that she was on her way back. We did stop at my mother in laws house and my dad's house in Brigham, but since they aren't approved, they weren't on the list of her activities and we didn't call just added extra drive time.
She has to put a request in saying where she is going, when she is going and the addresses and phone numbers of where she is going.
She wanted me to come and get her next weekend too but I said no! My birthday is this week and I really don't want to have to deal with all that again. I think Kelly's dad is taking him for the weekend and my mother in law is taking the baby so I will actually have time to myself. Which I will spend 75% of it cleaning my house because it's a mess!!! I would love to take the opportunity to clean without kids under foot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

she cant expect, but of course she will want, to get out every weekend. You might have to just say look every other weekend or something like that so she knows what to look forward too :)

QtKarie said...

IT"S YOUR BIRTHDAY THIS WEEK!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And of course you look as great as ever. Can you believe we're at our "Peek"... hehe

Well, I'm not sure if I'm early or late , but i hope you have an AWESOME Birthday!!!

:o)