Wednesday, June 18, 2008

So much

So much has been done in the last week that I am trying really hard to remember everything I was asked to talk about so I'll do my best. Here goes: On Saturday (last saturday) Pat and I went to his eye appt and his contacts cost $50.00 a box and we of course needed two boxes because his eyes are two different RX. (So are mine but my boxes cost $25.00 a box). The doctors office thankfully agreed to mail them right to our house so I didn't have to make ANOTHER trip up there. It's in So. Ogden and in heavy traffic it can take over 20 minutes to get there. We've made a trip up there every week for the last three weeks. I really didn't want to have to go up there again. Although, one of the girls that work there reminds me SO MUCH of my friend Yvette. Not so much her looks, but her mannerisms and the way that she talks is very much Yvette like. We decided to go get something to eat, (I love subway!!!) and then went on a small space cruise before deciding to go down to the Newgate Mall and check out the mini traveling memorial wall for the Vietnam War. Pat has a second cousin that died in the war and we were able to find where on the wall he was and got some pictures from it. Greg B Belew is his 2nd cousin.


After that, we decided to go walk around the Mall and h
e basically just followed me around but he did want to check out a few stores too. I dragged him into Victoria Secret because I wanted to look at one of the new bra's that I had seen advertised. I also wanted to be measured since I haven't been since I had Cameron. I didn't even know what size I was anymore. I went ahead and bought one of the new Biofit bra's and I LOVE it!!! It is really almost like it was made for my body and that I really barely feel it. I was in shock for awhile, it cost me $45.00!!! I've never spent that much on a bra, ok that is a lie. I did buy a bra and panty set from Victoria Secret a few years ago, but I think that I got both of them for less than 45. It was a few years ago, so my brain doesn't want to recall that info. OR... maybe it's cause I did spend that much and I was in shock then too and my brain blocked out the painful memory of it. I bet that's what happened. But my bra this time is SUPER cute. It's white with colored polka dots!! Very cute. :) This is not the color I have but it is the bra.

We also stopped by Bath and Body Works, because my SIL works there and she gave me a gift certificate for my birthday and so I was able to buy some refills for my wall flowers and because it is their semi-annual sale, I got them for $5.00 a piece and they had my most favorite sent in so I got 3 kitchen spice, so very yummy!! 2 wall flowers in the pumpkin spice smell. Another good one, and then I got a new scent that I've never smelled before but decided to try it, wild honeysuckle. My parents had a honeysuckle bush in their backyard when I was younger and I loved the smell when they bloomed so I decided to give it a try. I'll let you know later if it's a good smell or not.

I also bought myself a book. I bought "Little Women". I've seen and love the movie, but I've never read the book so I thought why not.



We also decided to use the gift card we got for Christmas for the Cinemark theaters in the mall and go see "Prince Caspian" . I absolutely LOVED "The Chronicles of Narnia" (books) when I was little. The very first book I remember ever reading on my own as in not a school book, was "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" and my dad bought me the whole series when I was in like the 5th or 6th grade. I loved them so I was way super happy that they were being made into movies. And while the movies varied from the books some, I was still pleased with them! I was VERY happy with Prince Caspian. And I must say that I think the kids are all growing into very cute people. Especially the younger two. Though, I was sad that Mr. Tumnus wasn't in the second movie, he wasn't in the book either, but I really loved him. I really liked the guy who played him (James McAvoy) as well!! YUMMY!!!!
Well, the baby is up now so I'll finish this later.

No comments: