Saturday, May 31, 2008

I'm Finished





I am finally finished planting all my mother in laws flowers.... I had help today and after 4!!! Count'em...4 trips to the store, the same store by the way, we got all the flowers planted and they look LOVELY!!! Even if I do say so myself. Although, it was not without some incidents... She has this strip in her back yard that just had weeds and some kind of plant things, ( I don't know what it was cause it was gone by the time I got there to work on it last week. but she had a box of wild flowers that she wanted down in place of the weed patch so I put down a tarp looking thing to help keep the weeds out and then placed 10 bags of top soil down, (and my back is paying the price now) then my helper, my BFF Samantha helped me by spreading the seeds down. She wasn't paying attention and put over 3/4 the box down on the first two and a half feet, and the strip is at least 10 feet long so we were grabbing handfuls of dirt and seed from the end and scattering it all over the rest of it but I have a sneaky feeling that that peticular section of dirt is going to bloom like crazy while the rest will be hit and miss... then when we were all done and proud of ourselves I noticed that the tarp thingy was blue and didn't quite look right so I looked on the packaging and guess what.... I put it on the ground UPSIDE DOWN!!!! So I'm HOPING and praying that it will still sorta work the way that it was supposed to but I'm not holding my breath. But the front yard looks FABULOUS!!!! I would have put about 10 more plants in her front flower bed but that's just me and I like it to look as full as possible. In a few years if they all do well it will look GREAT! I will take a picture tomorrow and paste it in this post. So it only took a full week but it really does look GREAT!! I am very happy with it and she seemed happy too! And I guess that is the most important part since it is her house.

No comments: