Sunday, January 6, 2013

Is this a normal Saturday night at your house too?


   Ok, first news (or not) on Cameron.   I will for sure hear something tomorrow about the biopsy results. They got them back and immediately called and made us an appt. with Mountain Medical Imagining for Monday. Then called to tell me about it.  I will either get a call from the doctor, or his assistant on Monday with the results.  I might have been able to have them Friday but for some reason my phone didn't ring and it didn't tell me I had a voicemail until I got another one on Saturday.  I'd hate to think I might have missed the appt. because my phone sucks!!! So we are going in for another CT scan, this one will be fine cut temporal bone scan.  But hopefully they won't be doing any contrast and so no IV. The last time we did a CT scan it was done in about ten minutes. I'm guessing this one might be a little longer, but still not too bad.  Cameron has been sick since just after Christmas break started. He felt better by Christmas but then got a nasty head cold.  His biopsy incision is healing nicely and he can sleep on that ear again. He only has a tiny piece of stitch left. That was kinda gross how they dissolve and then leave an ick behind, but it's all looking good. Just a little red. 
   Pat was laid off from his new job, due to military budget cuts, and with it went our insurance. I'm stressing over that, but I'm still going to do what I have to do for Cameron, whether I can pay for it or not yet.  Pat and I were finally able to sit down and talk and things are much better. Even with the new stress load. We are hoping we can get Cameron on Medicaid.  I don't care about myself, my only concern is Cameron at this point. Kelly is covered through his step moms plan. 
 Also, totally not related except that its about Pat.  I found out that my husband, who will fully admit he isn't a handy man when it comes to household fixing things -(give him a computer and he's a whiz!) - knows a freaky amount of stuff about how to fix toilets.  Our toilet in the boys bathroom has had an issue where water was always running in the tank and down into the toilet. It never over flowed or was anything other than a nuisance. But he fixed it last night and knew right away what was wrong and how to fix it.  When we were at the store looking at the parts they had there I was all like, " do we need this, this has everything we might need, or what about this, and what does this little do hickey do"  but he grabbed a cheap two dollar part and said this is all we need. I was a bit skeptical to say the least, but figured he knew better than I did at this point, may as well go with it.  He is freaky good with computers and toilets.   Did all boys have to sign up for lessons on one household matter. Did they have to become proficient in it before they could leave? And is it a secret club that only boys got to be in. Granted I wouldn't want to take a class on toilets, but hey, someday it may come in handy.  Then again... So would a number for a plumber.  That would be my way of fixing it. Lol 

   Anyway, I'll post what the results are as soon as I get them and have sometime to sit down and write. 

No comments: