Saturday, February 28, 2009

I know that I haven't

Posted in a long, long while..... I just haven't really felt like a lot of news worthy things have happened lately. I know I'm pretty boring, huh?? lol I have read a ton of books lately since I haven't felt very good. I am currently reading "The Count of Monte Cristo" and it's so far with all my 11 pages in, is already quite different from the movie I saw. Which was the 2002 version with Jim Caviezel, which I LOVED!!! But I haven't seen any of the other versions so I can't say how the book compares to them. I just recently finished "Jane Eyre" and "Wuthering Heights". I loved "Jane Eyre" and I really liked "Wuthering Heights" but it's not my favorite. So far out of all the classics I've read, my favorite is still "Pride and Prejudice". I have been trying for almost a year to finish reading Mary Shelly's "Frankenstein" but I hate admitting that it is very, VERY slow going because I am so bored. I just can't get into this book. I am 80 pages in and still don't rememeber them even mentioning Frankenstein at all... Maybe I should just start over and try to read it faster. Who knows. But I have a few other classics as well as some modern books still on my list for this year and it's only the beginning. I'm glad that there are a ton of books in the world, or I might get bored. lol

I am very happy that Kelly is very into reading, and Cameron shows signs of a good reader. Though, I'll have to wait till he can actually read before I can know for sure. :)

And I am surprised that I enjoy some romances. I used to reuse to read any but I have found some that I really like. They aren't those cheesy Harlequin romances or anything, but I do like some. My dear sweet cousin Leone suggested I read the "Sookie Stackhouse" series and I started to, I've only read the first 2 but I think I like another series that the author writes about a girl who can sense where dead people are buried. I know I'm weird, but I just like it better, She also suggested I read "Uglies" but I haven't read that one yet. It's one of the next ones on my list. Along with my sisters suggestion of the Janet Evanovich "Stephanie Plum" series. I've read the first 4 of those. I don't think that I like them as much as she does. I made her read the "Harry Potter" and "Twilight" series and she loved them, so she decided that since she read books that I made her read, I should read books that she wants me to read. She'll be upset when I tell her that they are ok, but not my favorites. I made her read the "Harry Pottor" books cause she claimed that she hated the books and the movies just cause everyone else made a bog deal about them, even though she'd never seen any of the movies or read any of the books. I don't have a problem with someone not liking a series or movies, but you should at least try to read one or see the movie before you make up your mind.

Well It's not much of a blog but at least I wrote one. I had a bunch more but I deleted it cause it sounded a bit grumpy. I wonder why, I'm not in a bad mood or anything.

2 comments:

Embellish the Moment said...

I still say you need to see the new Masterpiece Theater version of Wuthering Heights. I really liked it. My aunt wants to read the Merchant of Venice, because of the Twilight reference. The Uglies is on my list too. My aunt & I had heard that Tess of d'urbervilles was sooo good, it's an old Thomas Hardy. So we planned to read it thinking it would be like a Jane Austen-ish kind, she got it, and it's actually a tragedy... So I'm not as excited, but it's on my list to read next. Have you read the Inspell series? That's on my list too... Some people love them, some just like them so we'll see. I just started For Whom the Bell Tolls by Earnest Hemingway, I'm not very far into it, but so far it seems to be a war story... so unless they introduce some love, I don't know how far I'll get. Good to see a post from you! Hope to see you soon.

Embellish the Moment said...

eck... I definitely don't recommend Tess of d'urbervilles... And I can't really get into for Whom the Bell Tolls, so I'm taking a break for Twilight! We are planning to go to either the midnight release part at the Walmart in Brigham or Riverdale... Riverdale has lot's of fun stuff planned, but I need to find out what Brigham is doing. I hope you can come play with us!