Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Joys of Christmas

Normally I really do love this time of year. With this weird weather we're having I am just not feeling at all Christmas-y. I put up my tree. I even went and got it from my mother in law's house all by myself. She wanted a smaller tree for her house so she gave me her old one. I love it. I've done it with red ornaments and white lights. Very pretty. Anyway, I've put up a tree, a few wall decorations and that's it. No outside lights, no lights anywhere else in the house. It just doesn't feel like Christmas yet. Maybe that's why.

One a plus side, Pat and I finished all our Christmas shopping in one day! And we even squeezed in a movie!! We got Pat's present while at Best Buy, and he's been like a little kid ever sense. "I better hook it up and make sure that it works properly", "If we wait until Christmas and it doesn't work it'll be too late to take it back," "It's only got like a week return policy, I'd better hook it up now and make sure that it's ok." He even suggested that I hook it up and then have somewhere I have to go for awhile and leave him here to "not" play with it! lol

I had to order my present today. And BONUS, I got free shipping and no tax!! Go Me!! LOL I am getting really good at finding deals on line. I think that means that I shop online too much! Not like I'll stop anytime soon. It's just so easy!

On other news, we got a dog. Her name is Dixie -- most days. lol I sometimes call her Daisy, not sure why, she is an 8 month old Border Collie. She is so cute and fun! She is just full of energy. When the wind blew leaves across the yard she was in heaven running after them and chasing them. And when it snowed, she was scared to go out, until we showed her that its ok to go out in it. That it won't hurt her. Then she had a blast!! Nose down in the snow, flipping it up into the air and trying to catch it.

I'm wrapping all the presents we have here tonight so that they are all done and I don't have to worry about it. The only other person I have to buy for is my dad. He likes coin stuff so I have to go to the coin store for his, but other than him, we are completely done!! YAY!!!

So why am I not more in a holiday mood?? Good question, but I am going to assume it's the weather. I don't like gray days. And it's hard to think Christmas when it's so warm outside. I could never live somewhere where it never snows in the winter. I don't mind visiting, but I like the differences in the seasons. And it's just too warm. Which in a way is good, because our car does not go in the snow at all, and with Pat driving to work everyday, it's better for us this way. But I hope that it does snow in time for Christmas, so we can have a white Christmas. lol

And of other news, I dyed my hair red, only it went ORANGE!!! I have orange hair. It's like Anne of Green Gables red, or maybe the Wendy's 'Wendy' orange. Even Pat doesn't like it. So I guess I live with it for a few weeks and try to fix it. I would post a pic, but it would embarrass me too much. lol

No comments: