Friday, July 16, 2010

The continuing saga...

So we heard back from the bank and they did adjust the price, but not as high as it was. It's right in the middle. The sellers are happy, we are happy and the bank is happy. So everyone is happy right? Wrong! Cause then the bank was asking for more paper work, which we provided. Now it's the stupid underwriters that are jerking us around.
I have been run through the ringer with this house deal. I know that buying a house is a big deal, but honestly, can you make it any harder?? Now we are being told that the underwriters want an engineering report on the house and because there isn't one, we have to pay $400. for it! And our financing deadline is TODAY! But they said this isn't anything that has to do with our deadline, which I don't understand, but whatever. It doesn't have to be done by today which is good because if it did, they'd be hearing a lot from me. We've been trying to get in touch with them for 2 days making sure that we were meeting all their demands. But it does need to be done before we can get a for sure YES. Everyone keeps saying that everything looks good, and that they don't see any problems, but I want the for sure YES!!! I honestly can't take it anymore. I am stressed to the hilt. I am sick of this apartment, sick of all the boxes everywhere, some packed, some empty.
I have a confession.... I am not packing as much as I would normally be packing because I'm afraid of jinxing it. If I pack it and then we don't get the house I really don't want to unpack everything. :(
I am tired of my neighbor sitting outside yelling at her kids all day because she's too lazy to go and actually get them. Instead she sits on her porch and yells as her kids wander farther and farther away. Her kids are 2 and 3ish.
I really want to sit outside on my patio enjoying the evening air as it cools off, (saying that it will might help it really do it, right? I didn't think so either but it's worth a shot) and not hear her yelling all night long.
I want to start decorating my house. Repainting walls, taking off the horrible wall paper, picking out curtains.
This house has been sold twice since it was built. You would think that if it wasn't sound, someone would have noticed by now!!! All the money they are sucking out of us, it's any wonder people aren't buying houses now and the housing market is in such bad shape.

No comments: