Thursday, September 9, 2010

My friends



EDIT:  I was getting too many hits on just this one entry so I changed the name of it from friends to what it is.... I don't really know why 77 people have decided to look at this one post... I also removed the friends logo because 132 people from mostly other countries has no need to view my blog. lol



So I was thinking the other day and I decided that I miss several of my very good friends. I miss people that I would rather not be friends with. I miss friends who are gone and can never come back- no matter how much I wish they could. It's not like I don't have any friends,I have friends, if you go by my facebook page, I have 183 friends. Though, admittedly a good portion of those are my family and some are people I don't know at all BUT I still have 183! It just feels lately like I don't have any.
I read a quote the other day and it totally fits.
"The trouble is not really in being alone, it's being lonely. One can be lonely in the midst of a crowd, don't you think?"
"Sometimes I can go into the mountains and stay by myself for days, weeks, and I'm not lonely, yet at a party surrounded by a hundred people, I am more lonely than ever."

And I must say that I know how that feels. Lately, since we've moved in, I feel very lonely. I have friends around, yet I still feel lonely. I don't know why all the sudden moving back to the place I grew up would make me feel lonely but it has. I hardly ever saw any of my friends where we lived before but I didn't feel as isolated as I do now. Even when I'm with family I still feel lonely. Some days my house is like Grand Central Station, but it doesn't change how I feel. I'm sure that this too will pass, my hope is that it does soon.

3 comments:

AnnaMarie Brooks said...

you do know that I live in Brigham and could come haunt you, if you needed that kind of friendship!
hey, keep your chin up chicka, moving is a big step and moving home (or at least to the area you grew up in) is even bigger!
call me sometime, I think pat still has my number if you don't, I'll come bug you and keep you company

Embellish the Moment said...

It's because you have more walls to stare at now... For me it's less of a lonely feeling and more of an overwhelmed sinking feeling all day long, like no matter how hard I kick I'll never break the surface.

What a crappy friend I am... I still have your house warming present, and haven't even been to see you yet. Aaron is working 6 days a week now so my mind is all but gone. Let's plan something (this week is crazy we have 3 weddings, but the next week DAMN IT!) LOVE YOU!

Sashbury said...

You're on Amber!! You know I am just as crappy of a friend. I have boxes still at your place and although I think about getting them all the time, I just never do. I don't even call to see if I can. How sad is that. lol But I promise I will come get them soon!! Pat is going to Alien's in the Rockies this weekend so I am all alone with the boys. Yay me! :S